Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter Dress and a Tutorial, too!



One of the many things I was excited about when finding out I was pregnant with a little girl was the fact that I could make her Easter dresses! The fabric I used had been in my stash for over a year, just waiting to be made into something. I always thought it would make a perfect Easter dress.

I found this Etsy shop, Sew Sweet Patterns. It has the most adorable little outfits and dresses. I need to buy more!! I used this one to make Lily's dress. The pattern had clear and easy directions, perfect for if you are a beginner seamstress. I finished in about 1.5-2 hours. I am super happy with how it turned out. Lily is pretty petite for her age, so the dress is a little big, but that's ok. She'll grow into it!

Easter Headband Tutorial:
I made Lily's headband also. Want to know how I made it? It literally took me about 10 minutes. So easy.

Gather your materials:
Iron on interfacing, fabric of your choice, 1 matching button, 1/8" elastic, scissors, straight pins, iron, 3 different sized circles (I used ribbon spools) for tracing and a marking pen.
After you iron the interfacing to your material, trace and cut 3 different sized circles.

Measure your baby's head and subtract 1 inch, than cut your elastic. (Lily's head was 16.5"-1=15.5")
Pin the 2 bigger circles and the elastic together like this:

This is what it should look like on the back:

Sew a circle to attach the 2 bigger circles to the elastic.

Place the smallest circle on top. Center your button on top of that circle and sew in place. Tie off the button threads and trim.

That's it! See? Quick and easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...